Screen Printing Workshops in Brighton
Delighted to invite you to my first workshop in collaboration with Starling Studio, in the lovely Preston Park area, during the Artists Open House Christmas Festival.
Spend an hour with me, Cloe Barrett, Artist-Printmaker of Relish Art Studio, while I take you through a demonstration of my hand-cut vinyl stencil screen printing process. Choose your favourite design and try it out for yourself by screen printing two Fine Art Christmas cards to take away for a loved one - all for just a fiver!
Lovely Christmas Gift for a friend or loved one, or a treat to yourself! Trust me, the results are addictive!
I look forward to welcoming you on Saturday the 7th December.
What to expect
* Please arrive on the hour you book in for, as the demo will start promptly at 10 minutes past the hour.
* I will give you a demonstration of the hand-cut vinyl stencil screen printing process from beginning to end.
* There will be several screen printing beds prepared from which you can chose the designs you’ll be printing onto your Christmas Cards.
* Two beautiful Fine Art Screen Printed Christmas Cards!
What my students are saying!
Vicky's 5* Review - 'Clo is an amazing teacher. Her screen printing workshops are relaxed and really good fun! I came away with 5 lovely prints that I am planning on gifting to friends and family, as I'm really pleased with how they turned out, thanks to Clo's brilliant instructions and demos. The workshop was really good value for money - I will definitely be doing another!’
Sam's 5* Review - 'Thanks Cloe for a great evening - I was very pleased with my prints and have already framed 3 of them!'
Hannah's 5* Review - 'Thanks for a fantastic evening of screen printing Cloe! We had a fab time and learnt so much. It was really amazing value and you really put everything in to make it an enjoyable and engaging night. Really good to get a thorough, easy(but not too easy) delve into the world of screen printing and thanks for giving us the confidence to at least think we might try it again and even maybe one day try it at home! THANKS!'
Delighted to invite you back to another 'Easy Screen Printing All Things Brighton Beautiful' workshop at my lovely local pub, Haus on the Hill, Southover Street in Hanover, Brighton.
What to expect
- Please arrive at 5.45pm so everyone can meet each other, grab a bevvy and promptly start at 6pm
- We will make our way upstairs to the Pop Up Studio where each student has their own table and print bed where you can choose from the Brighton Beautiful designs
- I will do a brief demonstration of the process so you're aware of the entire process from beginning to end and we will start the transferring the design to the vinyl to cut the stencils
- Once we've cut the stencils, we will prepare the screens by transferring the vinyl stencils to the screens and then tape them up ready for printing
- Then I will take you through 'registration', a method of aligning and overlapping the colours of an image
- Finally, we will do the actual printing, wash the screens and repeat three times for the three different colours
- Please visit my website for some pics of the last workshop!
What I provide for you...
- A variety of my Brighton Beautiful designs to choose from
- Pencils, pens, stationary and masking tape
- A craft knife
- A cutting mat
- Vinyl for stencil making
- Transfer paper
- Solo printing bed made up of a base, hinge clamp, A4 screen, and squeegee
- A rainbow of printing ink
- Scrap paper for test printing (additional pieces 10p!)
- A5 Fine Art Paper for your final edition
- Envelop to protect your fine art prints on their journey home!
- Relish Art Studio VIP status! 5% off all my products, forever.
I am honoured to have been invited to hold a screen printing workshop at the 7th Annual Brighton Etsy Craft Party on Friday 5th July from 7 - 10pm. Read more here. There are only a few tickets left, so get in there quick!